Data Loss Prevention
Many organisations today do not have full knowledge of the sensitive data they have, where it is stored, how many copies of it exist, or how often it moves within and between their domains, partners, and customers. At the same time, complex compliance issues exist with regard to sensitive data that are a matter of law, regulation, contractual requirement, and mandate. Integralis can provide the help and specialist advice to organise the workflow of managing data discovery and applying relevant risk management strategies.
Data content and its existence can best be described as a ‘black hole’ in many organisations. The IT infrastructure provides a home to silos of data manufactured and used to solve local issues without overall planning control, standards, and ownership. This data sprawl has evolved over time due to many causes including rapid growth, mergers, consolidation, operational business units running as individual companies, quick fixes, long systems development life cycles, and an industry mindset over the last several decades that sensitive data management isn’t a priority. Simply put, the causes are endless.
The risk of losing sensitive data and the associated detrimental effect on an organisation together with punitive penalties imposed by regulatory authorities and law makes the Integralis offering of importance to IT staff and senior company executives.
With Integralis data leakage services, you obtain the following benefits:
- Access to Integralis’ expertise in auditing and assessing data at risk
- We help your business manage data in a sensible and achievable way
- Requirements analysis, automated discovery, interpretation and analysis, well documented findings, and prioritised and practical recommendations based on your companies business and unique risk profile
- Independent consultative advice on data discovery with appropriate tools for your organisation
- Advice on risk management for data in all phases: at rest, in motion, and in use
- Assists your business management in identifying and managing data risks
- Discovery and cataloguing of sensitive data throughout the network (including data in unexpected locations)
- Assessment of vulnerabilities on systems storing sensitive data (identification of high risk systems)
- Identification of systems that are vulnerable to attack
- Detailed reporting on systems and files containing sensitive data
- Services to help the organisation understand and protect against organisational or technical weaknesses in the storage, transmission or use of information assets
- Advise on systematic products, services, and technologies that help manage data going forward including data leakage detection and enforcement devices and architectures, enterprise content management (ECM), Information Lifecycle Management (ILM), Information Rights Management (IRM), and Digital Rights Management (DRM) solutions.